Baked Brie with Cranberries
- oven-proof serving dish
- sauté pan
- 8 oz brie, made from pasteurized milk
- 12 oz frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 strip lemon peel (approximately 1” x 3”)
- 1/4 cup water
- kosher salt/pepper
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Peel the top of the rind off of the brie. Discard. Place brie into desired oven-proof serving dish. Hollow out a small, ¼-cup-sized hole in the top of the cheese. Set aside.
- Rub the whole lemon under cold running water before cutting the peel for the recipe.
- Into a sauté pan add: cranberries, sugar, lemon peel and water. Cook over low heat for approximately10 minutes until sugar is dissolved and cranberries have softened. Stir as necessary.
- Increase heat to medium and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes OR until cranberries burst. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard lemon peel.
- Place ¼ cup of prepared cranberry sauce into hollowed portion of brie and pour the rest of the sauce over the brie.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes until cranberries are bubbling and cheese is beginning to lose shape and soften.
- Top with optional nuts if desired.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org