Asparagus Tomato Quiche
- Pot for boiling water
- Large bowl
- Electric beater
- 1 baked pie crust (9 inch)
- 4 asparagus spears
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 15 whole cherry tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Gently rub asparagus and cherry tomatoes under cold running water.
- Slice asparagus into 1-inch pieces and cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat 2 cups of water to boiling.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the bottom of pie crust. Place asparagus and tomatoes in an even layer over the cheese.
- Break eggs into a large bowl.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
- Add milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper to the raw eggs. Beat until blended.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over filling in the pie shell
- Bake the egg dish on the center rack in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches160°F on food thermometer.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org