Runner-Up in the BAC Fighter Category of the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! This is an easy, inexpensive way to feed a crowd in a hurry! Recipe by Christine McKinnon.
- Large skillet
- Food thermometer
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 15-ounce can baked beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Bread for serving (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub pepper and onion under cold running water. Dice the pepper and onions.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, onion and bell pepper.
- Wash the counter and whatever utensils that touched the raw meat. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw meat.
- Crumble the ground meat and cook with onion, and bell pepper until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160 °F on food thermometer.
- Add corn, beans, ketchup, and mustard. Stir and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 °F on food thermometer.
- Serve with bread.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org