Caterpillars, Butterflies and Snails
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 2-3 strawberries
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1 bag pretzels
- 1 head of celery or a package of precut celery sticks
- 1 pkg candy eyes or raisins (for eyes)
- 8 oz cream cheese spread or peanut butter
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub apple, orange, celery, strawberries, grapes and blueberries under cold running water.
- Cut celery into sticks of varying sizes between 2 and 4 inches.
- Spread cream cheese spread or peanut butter inside each celery stick.
- Slices strawberries, oranges, and apples into thin slices (about 1/8 in thick).
- Assemble your creatures!
- Attach two candy eyes or raisins to a grape using cream cheese or peanut butter as glue.
- Gently press grape into the filled celery stick to make a head.
- Gently press 3-5 blueberries in behind the grape to make a body.
- Press two candy eyes or raisins onto the end of a filled celery stick.
- Press an apple, strawberry or orange slice onto the stick behind the eyes to make the snails shell (use strawberries for smaller sticks and apples or oranges for larger sticks).
- Press two candy eyes or raisins on the end of a filled celery stick
- Press two pretzels onto the celery stick behind the eyes to make the butterfly wings.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org.