Easy Lebanese-Style Hummus
Hummus makes the perfect snack when combined with fresh vegetables! Recipe and photo courtesy of Melanie Safi.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
Traditional Lebanese toppings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub garlic and lemon with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, add the drained chickpeas along with the garlic, tahini, lemon juice, water and salt. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Adjust flavor by adding more salt, lemon juice, garlic or tahini according to taste.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Gently rub fresh parsley under cold running water.
- Transfer hummus to a deep bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley.