Cheesy Sausage, Bacon & Apple Bagel
Honorable Mention in the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! Easy enough for kids to make themselves! Recipe by Cole.
- Saute pan (optional)
- 1 frozen, fully-cooked breakfast sausage patty
- 1 cinnamon raisin bagel, split
- 4 tbsp soft cream cheese
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar divide total amount of shredded cheese in two
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar divide total amount of shredded cheese in two
- 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 crisp apple gently rubbed under cold running water, cored and sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook the sausage patty in the microwave (35 to 70 seconds) or in a pan over medium heat (6 to 9 minutes) according to package directions, until the internal temperature reaches 160 °F on food thermometer.
- Drain the patty on a paper towel and set aside.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese on each side of the bagel.
- Place the bottom of the bagel on a microwave-safe plate and top with ¼ cup cheddar cheese.
- Microwave for 15 to 20 seconds to slightly melt the cheese.
- Remove from the microwave and top with 1 slice Canadian bacon, sausage, apple ring, 1 slice of Canadian bacon and top with 2 Tablespoons cheddar cheese.
- Top with the other half of the bagel and microwave for 7 to 10 seconds to warm and serve.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org