Cheesy Squash Casserole
- 6 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, crushed
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scrub the onion and squash with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Slice the onion and squash.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the squash, onion and butter to the skillet..
- Cook onions and squash until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Place mixture into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top.
- Place the casserole dish on the center rack in the preheated oven and bake until the top is golden and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org