Chicken & Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth soup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 4 cups hot cooked Chinese plain noodles
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the onion with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Cut onion into thin wedges.
- Scrub baby carrots with clean vegetable brush under running water. Cut carrots lengthwise in half.
- Gently rub broccoli flowerets under cold running water.
- Gently rub mushrooms under cold running water. Dice the mushrooms.
- Scrub red bell pepper with clean vegetable brush under running water. Dice the red bell pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Do not rinse raw chicken. Add chicken, garlic and gingerroot; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is brown.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked chicken.
- Add onion, carrots, 3/4 cup of the broth, the soy sauce and sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms and bell pepper. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and internal temperature reaches 165 °F on food thermometer, and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining1/4 cup broth; stir into chicken mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened. Serve over noodles or rice.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org