Grilled Plant-based Spicy Sausage Tacos with Avocado Pineapple Salsa
Recipe & Photo courtesy of Leslie Owens at HowtoBurnWater.com
For the Tacos
- Avocado Pineapple Salsa
- 4 plant-based spicy chipotle sausages
- 6-8 corn tortillas
Avocado Pineapple Salsa
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced (about 1/3 of a medium pineapple)
- 3 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the avocado, pineapple, and lime with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Gently rub the cilantro under cool running water and dry on a clean towel. Dice the avocado and pineapple, cut the lime in half, and chop the cilantro.
- In a medium bowl, combine the avocado, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. Lay the corn tortillas on the grill and grill on both sides until lightly charred, approximately 30 seconds per side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Set the sausages on the grill and heat according to package directions. Once fully cooked, slice the sausages.
- Assemble the tacos by layering the grilled tortillas with the sliced sausage and avocado pineapple salsa. Serve immediately.