Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb precooked ham, cubed (about 3 ½ cups)
- 16.9 oz Brioche slider rolls (about 12 slider rolls)
- 12 oz Oaxaca cheese, cubed (about 2 ¼ cups)
- 1 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
- 1 white onion, gently rub onion under cold running water and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2-2/3 cups whole milk
- 1-1/4 cups Mexican crema
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Dry out the bread. Cube the slider rolls into 1-inch squares and lay out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Leave out at room temperature to dry overnight. OPTIONAL: You can skip this step by toasting the bread cubes at 350 °F in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Combine cubed bread, ham, pickled jalapenos, onions and cheese in a large bowl. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, crema, salt and pepper in a separate large bowl. Mix until ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Press down to submerge everything in the egg mixture.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling eggs.
- Cover casserole with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator, and let it sit at room temperature while the oven is heating. Bake uncovered for 55 to 65 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160 °F on food thermometer
- Cut into squares and serve immediately.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org