Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 32 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 thick breasts)
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 3/4 tsp chipotle powder, divided
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add the chicken breasts to a large Ziploc bag. (Do not rinse raw poultry or meat.) To the bag, add the BBQ sauce, ½ tsp. chipotle powder and lime juice. Seal the bag and squish around until the chicken is well coated. Set the bag in a shallow pan and place on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Do not reuse marinades used on raw foods.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked meat.
- Gently rub red pepper, green pepper and onion under cold running water.
- On a clean cutting board, chop the pineapple, onions and peppers into large chunks. Add everything to a large bowl with the olive oil, ¼ tsp. chipotle powder and salt. Toss until the veggies and fruit are well coated.
- Add the veggies and pineapple to a sheet pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Create 4 openings with the veggies for the chicken breasts.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and nestle the chicken into the openings on the sheet pan. Wash hands with soap and water.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, until internal temperature reaches165 °F on food thermometer. (Bake time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts.)
- Serve immediately with extra, fresh BBQ sauce on the side.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org