- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 large green pepper
- 1/2 rib of celery
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 lb fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp browning sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Gently rub celery, green pepper and tomato under cold running water.
- Scrub onion and garlic with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Chop onion, green pepper, celery and tomato. Mince garlic in a food processor.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onions, green peppers, celery and garlic to the skillet and sauté until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a very large bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place mixture into a greased casserole dish and tightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the casserole dish on the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Stir the casserole twice during the 40-minute cooking process. Continue baking until the rice is tender and the internal temperature reaches 145°F on a food thermometer.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org