Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps
Honorable Mention in the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! Serve over brown rice to make it more kid-friendly! Also pairs well with sautéed cabbage or kale. Recipe by Lori Fernandez.
- Food thermometer
- Large skillet
- Small bowl
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup pre-shredded cabbage
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- lettuce leaves for wrap
- 2 carrots
- fresh chives for garnish
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub lettuce, cabbage, garlic, ginger and chives under cold running water.
- Dry on paper towel, set the lettuce leaves aside.
- Scrub carrots with a clean vegetable brush under running water and cut into strips.
- Mince the garlic and ginger.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until internal temperature reaches 160 °F on food thermometer.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw ground beef.
- Add fresh ginger, shredded cabbage, minced garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes.
- Add the sauce to the browned beef and cook on medium heat to thicken sauce until temperature reaches 165 °F on food thermometer.
- Serve beef mixture in lettuce leaves and top with carrots, chives and cilantro.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org