Mexican Chicken Wrap
Recipe and photo courtesy of Clayton for the Young Cooks Recipe Challenge.
- 1 medium soft whole wheat tortilla wrap
- 1/4 mounded cup diced fully cooked refrigerated Southwest grilled chicken breast strips, diced
- 1 tbsp chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp jarred pineapple salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 tbsp shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the avocado with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Slice the avocado in half. Take the half without the seed, and use a spoon to remove the avocado flesh from the skin. Cut it into 4 long pieces, about ¼-inch thick.
- To store the unused portion, leave the avocado seed in, and drizzle lemon or lime juice on the exposed avocado flesh. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to one day.
- Place the tortilla wrap on a clean cutting board. Spread chive and onion cream cheese spread on the tortilla wrap to within ½-inch of edge.
- Mix chicken and salsa together, and spoon the mixture along the center of tortilla wrap.
- Top with lettuce, avocado, and cheese.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla wrap over the filling, then fold up the ends to cover the filling.
- Cut the tortilla wrap in half and serve.