Honorable Mention in the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! A simple, delicious way to enjoy fish! Recipe by Shari Portnoy, RD.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Small bowl
- Plastic wrap
- 4 pieces salmon (4 to 5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 4 tbsp sweet white wine
- 1 tbsp dry mustard powder
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub limes with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Slice one lime into thin slices and quarter the second lime.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Set slices of lime on the baking sheet, topping with a piece of salmon.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry mustard powder, wine and soy sauce, and gently pour over the salmon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Marinate for 15 minutes. While the salmon is marinating, preheat oven to 425 °F
- Remove plastic wrap, squeeze each piece of salmon with lime wedge.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 °F on food thermometer.
- Rub basil leaves gently under cold water and dry on paper towel.
- Garnish salmon with basil.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org