Sheet Pan Pumpkin French Toast
Recipe & Photo courtesy of Leslie Owens at HowtoBurnWater.com
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk in the butter, pumpkin purée and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into an 18-inch x 13-inch baking sheet with at least ½-inch sides.
- Lay the slices of bread in a single layer in the egg mixture. Then flip the bread slices so both sides have an opportunity to soak in the mixture.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
- Bake the French toast in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 160 °F on a digital food thermometer, about 15 to 20 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- While the French toast cooks, lightly toast the pecans in a small skillet over low heat.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the French toast and serve immediately.