Spinach Frittata with Goat Cheese, Pear & Walnuts
Grand Prize Winner of the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! This delicious recipe is good enough for Sunday brunch, easy enough for every day! Recipe by Kerri Watkins.
- 10-inch oven-safe pan/skillet
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and chopped
- 1 clove garlic scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and minced
- 6 oz baby spinach gently rubbed under cold running water
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 pear gently rubbed under cold running water and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- honey (to taste - optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Whisk eggs to break the yolks. Then add milk, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
- Heat a 10-inch oven-safe pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in garlic and spinach, and cook until spinach is wilted, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to pan and mix until ingredients are evenly combined.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling eggs.
- Crumble goat cheese evenly over the egg mixture.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling goat cheese.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat, until the edges begin to set.
- Add pear slices and chopped walnuts on top of the egg mixture.
- Drizzle honey over the top, if desired.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the center of the frittata is set and internal temperature reaches 160 °F on food thermometer
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 to 3minutes. Cut into 6 even wedges and serve.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org