Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy’s “Turkey Burgers”
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) onion powder
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 to 8 slices lettuce
- Ketchup and mustard to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub the tomato and lettuce under cold running water. Do not rinse raw meat.
- Slice tomatoes and lettuce.
- Add ground turkey to a medium mixing bowl. Sprinkle in breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Add mayonnaise and drizzle in Worcestershire sauce.
- Gently toss and break up meat mixture to evenly blend. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Wash hands with soap and water. Wash utensils after touching raw meat.
- Preheat olive oil in a 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Add turkey patties and sear until golden brown on bottom, about 4 – 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook until cooked through, about 4 – 5 minutes longer. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 °F on a food thermometer.
- Serve warm in hamburger buns with toppings of choice.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org.