Turkey Tacos with Cilantro Sour Cream
Finalist in the Food Blogger Category of the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! Keep kids and adults happy by mixing up the toppings! Recipe by Amanda Townsend.
- Large pan
- Food thermometer
- Small bowl
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper gently rubbed under cold running water, diced
- 2 jalapenos gently rubbed under cold running water, finely diced
- 3 green onions gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1-1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro gently rubbed under cold running water, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- flour or corn tortillas
- 1-1/2 cup packaged slaw mix (optional)
- Optional toppings: sliced radishes, fresh lime juice, cheese, shredded lettuce, salsa, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, and extra cilantro
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the 3 Tablespoons of oil.
- Add green onion, green pepper, minced garlic, diced jalapenos, onion powder, chili powder, ground coriander, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in ground turkey, using a spatula to break it into small pieces. Cook until evenly browned and until internal temperature reaches 165 °F on food thermometer.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw turkey.
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, cilantro, and 1 Tablespoon of lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Serve turkey taco filling in warm tortillas with a dollop of the cilantro sour cream and garnish as desired.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org