Bacon & Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts
- large deep skillet
- 1 small red onion
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the onion with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Thinly dice the onion.
- Gently rub Brussels sprouts under cold running water. Slice the Brussels sprouts in half and then thinly slice each half.
- In a large deep skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked bacon.
- After bacon is browned and crisp, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Once bacon has cooled, crumble into small pieces.
- Add the onion to the hot bacon drippings and season with salt. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and Dijon mustard to the onions. Increase the heat to medium high and stir until the water comes to a boil.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and vinegar to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, about 4 to 6minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and toss Brussels sprout mixture with bacon and blue cheese crumbles.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org