Yield: 4 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 lb cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the potatoes with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Once clean, peel and cube the potatoes.
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until they can be pierced with a fork. Remove from heat and drain the excess water. Mash potatoes until they reach a lumpy consistency.
- In a separate pan melt the butter. Add flour and cook over low heat while stirring. After a minute, add half the milk (3 cups) and stir until the lumps are out of the flour mixture.
- Add the remaining milk (3 cups) and turn up the heat to medium high. Heat to a boil while stirring continuously
- After boiling, turn the heat off and add the remaining ingredients including the mashed potatoes and stir.
- When reheating leftover soup, reheat it until internal temperature reaches 165 °F on a food thermometer.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org