Stovetop Creamed Corn
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 32 oz frozen corn
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dried chives, plus additional for garnish
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cracked pepper, for topping
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Prepare corn according to package cooking instructions. Drain.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Pour corn kernels in the pot along with ½ cup of milk. Season with salt, sugar and dried chives and mix well.
- Then reduce the heat to medium low and add in the whipped cream cheese. Continue stirring until the cream cheese has melted into the corn (about 5 minutes).
- Begin stirring in the heavy cream and reduce the heat to low. Stir for 5 minutes and then turn the burner off.
- Place 1 cup of corn mixture in a high power blender. Blend for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Pour the puréed corn back into the pot, mix well and top with additional salt if needed and cracked black pepper.
- Garnish with additional dried chives if desired and serve immediately.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org