Broccoli, Mushroom, Pepper & Tofu Stir-Fry
Recipe & Photo courtesy of Leslie Owens at HowtoBurnWater.com
- 2 tbsps canola or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 12-oz container mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 12-15 oz container firm or extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into medium dice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub garlic and ginger with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Pat dry with a clean towel. Then, slice the garlic and mince the ginger.
- Gently rub broccoli, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and green onions under cold running water. Pat dry with a clean towel. Cut the bell pepper and green onions.
- Set a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger, and stir fry for one minute. Then add the broccoli, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and water. Cover and cook until the broccoli is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu and cook 2 minutes more.
- Garnish with the sliced scallions and serve over brown rice.