Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream
Runner-Up in the Food Bloggers Category of the 30-Minute Meals Safe Recipe Contest! Serve this with roasted potatoes or brown rice! Recipe by Grace Vallo.
- Large skillet
- Food thermometer
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 shallots
- 1 cup heavy cream* *To lighten this dish, you can substitute coconut milk for the heavy cream or use any milk product of your choice!
- 1/3 cup jarred sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato oil from the jar
- 3 tbsp champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 pkg fresh spinach
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 170 °F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the sun-dried tomato oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Wash hands with soap and water after touching raw poultry.
- Cook the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly golden on one side and flip the chicken. Cook the chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 °F on food thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on foil in oven to keep it warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the shallots and vinegar. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the cream and mustard. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir and let simmer over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes to reduce the sauce. Add more tomato paste, if needed. (Cream should be light red.)
- Gently rub spinach under cold running water and gently dry with paper towel.
- Add spinach to sauce and stir to combine. Cook until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce on the bottom of shallow bowls. Place the chicken on the sauce and top with more sauce and oregano.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org