Recipe and photo courtesy of Cianna for the Young Cooks Recipe Challenge.
- 1 5-oz salmon filet
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh lemon
- fresh parsley
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub green beans, green onions, and parsley under cold running water. Dry with a clean towel.
- Scrub lemon with a clean vegetable brush under cold running water. Dry with a clean towel.
- On a clean cutting board, cut the end of the green beans. Slice the green onions. Crush and mince the garlic. Chop the parsley. Set all aside.
- Juice half the lemon into a small bowl and then slice the other half. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the salmon and cover. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145 °F on a food thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the green beans, and pour over the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove from the pan and garnish with lemon slices, green onions and parsley.
- Serve immediately.