Easy Three-Bean Chili - Flavorful and plant-based!
Recipe courtesy of Norah Blick. Photo courtesy of Christina Blick.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 + 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 + 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (no salt), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can can kidney beans (no salt), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can can cannellini beans (no salt), drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, bell pepper, and onion. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Sauté bell pepper and onion until tender and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Next, add the beans, tomatoes, cocoa powder, chili powder, paprika, and remaining salt and garlic. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with toppings of choice.