Lemon-Pesto Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- 3/4 cup store-bought basil pesto
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place wings in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Do not rinse raw poultry.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked chicken.
- Place sheet in oven and bake wings for 25–30 minutes, until they are well browned and crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165 °F on food thermometer.
- While wings are roasting, combine pesto, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and lemon zest (the peel without any of the white pith) in a bowl large enough to hold all wings.
- When wings are cooked, remove from oven and place in pesto mixture. Toss to coat well.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org