Buttered Steamed Asparagus and Bean Sprouts
- 10-inch skillet
- 16 to 20 asparagus spears
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 3/4 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub bean sprouts under cold running water.
- Gently rub asparagus spears and green onions under cold running water.
- Slice the asparagus into 2-inch pieces and cut the green onions into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, toast almonds for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add butter, asparagus, green onions, salt, garlic powder and ginger to the almonds and stir. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in bean sprouts and continue to cook until sprouts are heated through and steaming.
- Once heated, serve immediately.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org