Crunchy Romaine Toss Salad
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 3 oz pkg ramen noodles, broken
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- 1 small head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Shake well.
- Break the ramen noodles into pieces. Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use.
- In a small sauté pan, heat the butter on medium heat until melted and sauté noodles in butter until golden.
- Scrub the onion with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Slice the onion.
- Gently rub broccoli and romaine lettuce under cold running water.
- Chop broccoli. Tear the romaine leaves into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccoli, romaine lettuce and onions.
- Just before serving, toss with dressing and walnuts.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org