Maple Glazed Orange Carrots
- 1 lb carrots
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the carrots with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Peel the carrots and place into a colander.
- Slice cleaned carrots into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- In a large, wide sauté pan, heat the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the carrots and toss to coat; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the orange juice; cover the pan and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Uncover the pan and increase the heat to medium high. Stir the carrots occasionally and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Watch carefully so they don’t run out of liquid and scorch. If they are not tender enough and run out of liquid, add more orange juice as needed.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle cinnamon over the carrots.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org