Mashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 oz soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup (or more) whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tsp chopped fresh sage
- fresh sage sprigs
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub the potatoes with a clean vegetable brush under running water. Once clean, peel them and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Place the potatoes into a cooking pot and add salt. Fill with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil. Cook until easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, brown the butter over low heat. The butter will foam for a bit before calming down. When the butter turns a nutty brown color remove from heat.
- Add sage to the butter and pour over the potatoes.
- Add the pasteurized goat cheese and milk to the potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher until smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Garnish with fresh sage sprigs. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org