For the Salad
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 hardboiled eggs, diced
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water just before cutting or shredding.
- Place each salad ingredient in individual bowls.
- Layer the ingredients, divided, in a large bowl (this works well in a glass bowl so the layers can be seen).
- Start with about one cup of lettuce, followed by ⅓ cup mushrooms, peas, carrots, eggs, bacon, onion. Repeat the layers 3 times, ending with the last cup of lettuce on top.
- To make the dressing, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill weed in a small bowl.
- Spread prepared dressing on top of the last layer of lettuce, sealing the edges of the salad.
- Top with ¼ cup cheese and chill 2-24 hours.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org