Spinach and Orzo Salad
- 1-1/2 cups orzo
- 1 9-10 oz pkg chopped frozen spinach
- 8 oz chicken sausage links, sliced into quarter inch pieces (about 2 links)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook according to package directions. Add spinach to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. When the pasta is tender, drain well.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook chicken sausage, stirring occasionally. Wash hands with soap and water. Cook until browned and the internal temperature reaches165 ºF on food thermometer (about 8 minutes).
- In a serving bowl combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add orzo and spinach and toss to coat. Stir in sausage and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was developed using the Safe Recipe Style Guide at SafeRecipeGuide.org